, Esq., mediator, arbitrator, negotiator, and special master has served as a dispute resolution specialist since 1998 in over 1,000 matters internationally. She brings over 30 years of experience in the fields of international intellectual property, business operations, entertainment and media, and technology law to her dispute resolution practice. Ms. Hasse is best known for her expertise in designing dispute resolutions processes and for her commitment to achieving resolution. Her resourceful insights, tenacity, intellectual acumen, and masterful communication skills enable her to resolve high stakes and multi-party cases involving highly talented lawyers and their clients. Ms. Hasse is also a mentor to new mediators and frequently speaks, writes and teaches about mediation, arbitration, intellectual property and international legal issues.
Background and Education
• J.D., University of California, Berkeley School of Law (formerly Boalt Hall School of Law), 1982
• M.A., Jurisprudence and Social Policy, University of California, Berkeley, 1982
• B.A., magna cum laude, Wesleyan University, Highest Honors in Linguistics, 1977
• Certified by United Nations in Civilian Personnel of Peace-Keeping, Mediation and Election Monitoring at International Faculty of Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna, Pisa, Italy
Professional Activities and Memberships
• Neutral Panelist, mediator and Arbitrator, JAMS (worldwide, offices based in San Francisco, CA)
• Fellow, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, London
• Fulbright Fellow, Paris, France; Legal Scholar in comparative law 1986-87
• Selected Member, The Masters Forum of the Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, Pepperdine University
• Certified by United Nations in Civilian Personnel of Peace-Keeping, Mediators and Election Monitoring at International Faculty of Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna, Pisa, Italy
• Visiting Professor or adjunct positions at: University of California Berkeley, American University School of Law, Yerevan, Armenia; University of Paris V Faculty of Law, France; Indonesian State University at Denpasar Law Facility,
• Member, Boards of Directors: Heart-to-Heart International Children’s Medical Alliance; Track Two Center for Diplomacy; the Russian-American Center; Founding Board of the Edible Schoolyard, Berkeley, CA; Trustee: Presidio Graduate School, San Francisco, CA
Prior to her appointment as a panelist at JAMS, Lizbeth Hasse practiced at the law firms of Heller Ehrman, White & McAuliffe, Steinhart & Falconer, Coudert Brothers LLP and Creative Industry Law in San Francisco, Ca.